This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: *** setup.ini: warning - package mingw64-i686-gcc-core requires non-existent package mingw64-i686-winpthreads
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 13:39:22 +0200
- Subject: Re: *** setup.ini: warning - package mingw64-i686-gcc-core requires non-existent package mingw64-i686-winpthreads
- References: <20130709171036 dot 29921 dot qmail at sourceware dot org> <20130709171220 dot GA7271 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <20130709194522 dot GA1833 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <51DC8A9E dot 4050602 at gmail dot com> <20130709230636 dot GA5754 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <51DD2EAD dot 6000308 at gmail dot com> <CAGHJv4dHN=yQHTtRivZr22QF0a7gNS76wvDsJ8Y0QmoHygPCog at mail dot gmail dot com> <51DD34CF dot 50806 at gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Jul 10 18:17, JonY wrote:
> On 7/10/2013 18:06, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
> > On 10 July 2013 05:51, JonY wrote:
> >> On 7/10/2013 07:06, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> >>> Bzzt. Wrong answer. You don't install a package with a nonexistent
> >>> dependency. You broke setup.ini generation for hours. Your upload
> >>> speeds have nothing to do with this. You should install the packages
> >>> all at the same time, not piecemeal.
> >> As I have said, it is still uploading, at 15KB/s, continuously since 2
> >> days ago, it is not done piecemeal, but yes, I should have uploaded
> >> winpthreads first.
> > Perhaps (for next time) upload to a "staging" area (I believe cgf has
> > in the past mentioned using the home directories on sourceware), then
> > when the upload is complete, move the files to the appropriate
> > directory? This would avoid the problems being reported with
> > setup.exe I believe.
> I don't think I have shell access to move the files after upload is
> completed, unless there is some way else that I am not aware of.
This sounds wrong. When you have upload rights, you should have
shell access as well. Did you try it?
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com