This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [RFU] mksh-46-1
- From: Chris Sutcliffe <ir0nh34d at gmail dot com>
- To: Cygwin-apps <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 17:46:37 -0400
- Subject: Re: [RFU] mksh-46-1
- References: <CAGHJv4fOxCadGuXYYqqD=cK2qafL7iznn1Uq_ubJe194eBMBJg at mail dot gmail dot com> <51DE07F4 dot 9070305 at cornell dot edu> <CAGHJv4fLA=GJ40btjbigZ+795jRfD49ms-9K9CT=V-RBMka-Uw at mail dot gmail dot com> <20130711105523 dot GB17609 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <CAGHJv4cAP+8OtxfOePinFktqPN_V48S2MvozcLT5XCMeqc-XnA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAGHJv4exAFYU7-zEshtR3cZTDf7SAMW8e5UJg+MvyG6b62FD8A at mail dot gmail dot com> <20130711141444 dot GB11406 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On 11 July 2013 10:14, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Jul 11 09:21, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
>> > On 11 July 2013 06:55, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> >> On Jul 11 05:58, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
>> >>> Indeed, good catch, that`s what I get for not paying attention to what
>> >>> I copy and paste.
>> >> any chance to provide a 64 bit version as well?
>> Sure, I'll give it a spin. I've been hesitant to produce any 64-bit
>> versions of any of the packages that I maintain because I have no way
>> of validating them. I can create a virtual 64-bit machine on my
>> 32-bit development laptop but I don't have a 64-bit OS to install.
> I'm not sure if that works. I was under the impression that you need
> a 64 bit OS to install a 64 bit VM, but if I'm wrong, just grab
> 64 bit Windows 2012 for 180 days of evaluation period from Microsoft:
> Or Windows 8 for 90 days of evaluation:
I've got the 64-bit version of mksh built and packaged but
unfortunately I'm not having much luck getting the virtual 64-bit Win8
to run. I had it working previously on this laptop using VirtualBox
running XP but the IT department at work has since re-imaged the
laptop with Win7 and now the virtual Win8 install is hanging. If
someone is brave enough to give the 64-bit version a spin I'll gladly
provide a link.