This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [RFU] mksh-46-1
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 09:56:20 +0200
- Subject: Re: [RFU] mksh-46-1
- References: <CAGHJv4fOxCadGuXYYqqD=cK2qafL7iznn1Uq_ubJe194eBMBJg at mail dot gmail dot com> <51DE07F4 dot 9070305 at cornell dot edu> <CAGHJv4fLA=GJ40btjbigZ+795jRfD49ms-9K9CT=V-RBMka-Uw at mail dot gmail dot com> <20130711105523 dot GB17609 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <CAGHJv4cAP+8OtxfOePinFktqPN_V48S2MvozcLT5XCMeqc-XnA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAGHJv4exAFYU7-zEshtR3cZTDf7SAMW8e5UJg+MvyG6b62FD8A at mail dot gmail dot com> <20130711141444 dot GB11406 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <CAGHJv4dn1koZtLX6K=aqSZSUst3dV_aWqGnRGRFKNkyyhnFCUA at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Jul 11 17:46, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
> On 11 July 2013 10:14, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > On Jul 11 09:21, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
> >> > On 11 July 2013 06:55, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >> >> On Jul 11 05:58, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
> >> >>> Indeed, good catch, that`s what I get for not paying attention to what
> >> >>> I copy and paste.
> >> >>
> >> >> any chance to provide a 64 bit version as well?
> >> Sure, I'll give it a spin. I've been hesitant to produce any 64-bit
> >> versions of any of the packages that I maintain because I have no way
> >> of validating them. I can create a virtual 64-bit machine on my
> >> 32-bit development laptop but I don't have a 64-bit OS to install.
> > I'm not sure if that works. I was under the impression that you need
> > a 64 bit OS to install a 64 bit VM, but if I'm wrong, just grab
> > 64 bit Windows 2012 for 180 days of evaluation period from Microsoft:
> > http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/hh708764.aspx
> > Or Windows 8 for 90 days of evaluation:
> > http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/evalcenter/jj554510.aspx
> I've got the 64-bit version of mksh built and packaged but
> unfortunately I'm not having much luck getting the virtual 64-bit Win8
> to run. I had it working previously on this laptop using VirtualBox
> running XP but the IT department at work has since re-imaged the
> laptop with Win7 and now the virtual Win8 install is hanging.
Uh, too bad. Do you have a Linux box laying around somewhere? The
W8/2012 ISOs can be installed and run fine under Qemu/KVM, too.
> someone is brave enough to give the 64-bit version a spin I'll gladly
> provide a link.
Sure, go ahead! As you might know, Yaakov already provided a 64 bit
mksh 44, so there seem to be not much of a problem.
I'm not an mksh user, but if it runs and shows a prompt, it's
sufficent I guess ;)
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com