This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: remaining missing packages in 64-bit release
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 11:11:29 -0400
- Subject: Re: remaining missing packages in 64-bit release
- References: <20130713190538 dot GA5280 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <pj04u8dquigggua1p2s3dr9oa3p8f04e4e at 4ax dot com> <20130714023820 dot GA5371 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <51E239B2 dot 8080006 at users dot sourceforge dot net> <87oba5fpzb dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <20130715011651 dot GA717 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 09:16:51PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 11:10:16AM +0200, Achim Gratz wrote:
>>Yaakov (Cygwin/X) writes:
>>>> Ah, good point. I'll check tomorrow and make a more comprehensive list.
>>To register what has been discussed before in this thread: I can provide
>>upx for 64bit if anybody wants it, but unfortunately it can't deal with
>>64bit executables and therefore is nearly useless.
>I'm compressing the 64-bit setup.exe with mhash.
Sorry, make that "mpress".
I had to tweak things a little and remove the '.tls' section from setup.exe
before compressing it. Otherwise mpress refused to compress the program.