This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Please try new setup exe's
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 13:05:53 -0400
- Subject: Please try new setup exe's
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
I'd appreciate it if people could try the two new setup.exe's
installed at http://cygwin.com/
http://cygwin.com/setup-x86.exe for 32-bit
http://cygwin.com/setup-x86_64.exe for 64-bit
The setup.ini's for both are updated using a similar schedule to the
"official and soon to be deleted" version which uses
/var/ftp/pub/cygwin/release. The -x86* versions of these programs
use the release directories from the arch specific locations.
The setup.ini's used by these two new programs are not
backwards-compatible with old setup.exe.