This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Please try new setup exe's
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 14:58:19 -0400
- Subject: Re: Please try new setup exe's
- References: <20130715170553 dot GA6166 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <51E44038 dot 9030004 at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 02:32:24PM -0400, Charles Wilson wrote:
>On 7/15/2013 1:05 PM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> The setup.ini's used by these two new programs are not
>> backwards-compatible with old setup.exe.
>What changes did you have to make to upset, to teach it about the new
>format? I'd like to replicate those changes in genini...
>... so I can test the new setup-exe's with my to-be-uploaded packages.
The new setup.exe will still understand old setup.ini's, just not the
However, all that I did to upset (for this particular change there were
a few more other changes required) was add --release and --arch options
to produce the setup.ini with those tags.
Feel free to add those to genini if you want.
The intent of release:, as I stated elsewhere is to eventually get
rid of the mirror directories created by setup.exe. They will be
replaced with "release" directories like "cygwin" or, e.g.,