This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Please try new setup exe's
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 16:42:55 -0400
- Subject: Re: Please try new setup exe's
- References: <20130715170553 dot GA6166 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <87ehazheix dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <20130715185522 dot GA450 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <87a9lnh8ir dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 10:29:16PM +0200, Achim Gratz wrote:
>The bootstrap.sh unconditionally uses the mingw64 toolchain if it finds
>one. The cross compilation toolchain for 32bit didn't work on the new
>installation I did over the weekend, but I ran out of time to check what
>the old installation does or why it fails. The symptom is that the
>actual compiler binary never seems to start (no error messages, though)
>and doesn't produce any output. Cross compilation on Linux (openSUSE)
>works, but the link stage fails due to missing static libraries (I can't
>find a package that has them, so I'll have to compile the myself).
>Also, the toolchain on openSUSE seems to by configured to use sjlj
I was asking people to verify that the setup-*.exe's installed on the
web site worked.
Please start a new thread if you want to talk about build issues.
Obviously it is possible to build the executables since I've done so and
put them up for people to try. Discussing build problems is not really
the point of my request.