This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Readline 64 bit packaging bug (was Re: Please try new setup exe's)
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 16:40:13 +0200
- Subject: Re: Readline 64 bit packaging bug (was Re: Please try new setup exe's)
- References: <20130715170553 dot GA6166 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <20130716002025 dot GA7360 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <51E4A698 dot 7040308 at cornell dot edu> <20130716020836 dot GA7389 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <51E5225D dot 7080004 at dronecode dot org dot uk> <20130716125810 dot GH2712 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <51E55303 dot 9030405 at cornell dot edu> <20130716142100 dot GK2712 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <20130716143339 dot GL2712 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Jul 16 16:33, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Jul 16 16:21, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > On Jul 16 10:04, Ken Brown wrote:
> > > The dependencies on readline also need to be fixed. In addition to
> > > the three that Jon mentioned, there's also rlwrap. My guess is that
> > > all four dependencies should be removed (rather than replaced with
> > > dependencies on libreadline-devel), since none of the packages
> > > depend on readline in the x86 distro.
> > How did I miss that? THis is probably the same effect as for the gcc
> > dependency since it's no coincidence that 3 of the 4 affected packages
> > are mine. I fixed that for all of them, including the python package.
> I just rebuilt 64 bit gawk for testing, and cygport still adds the
> readline dependency.
> And I think I see why that is. It's a packaging bug in readline.
> For some reason, the /usr/bin/cyghistory7.dll and /usr/bin/cygreadline7.dll
> files are present in *both* packages, readline and libreadline7.
> The readline package quite certainly shouldn't contain these files?
> Yaakov, did you provide the 64 bit readline stuff? If so, can you have
> a look why the DLLs are present in both packages and fix it?
No, hang one, all-clear.
There is no readline binary package, but for some weird reason I had a
file /etc/setup/readline.lst.gz which supposedly contained the following
I'm not quite sure where I got this from. Did we have a simplified
64 bit readline package at one point?
Anyway, this shouldn't happen to others, in theory, and I do hope
that was the last weirdness in my installation...
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com