This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [setup] configure does not check for presence of static libraries
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 14:41:46 -0400
- Subject: Re: [setup] configure does not check for presence of static libraries
- References: <87mwpm1hks dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 08:32:35PM +0200, Achim Gratz wrote:
>The configury does not check whether static libraries are present, but
>unconditionally requests '-static' when linking.
Personally, I consider that to be outside the scope of configure.
But, regardless, given the limited number of people who are building
setup I think I'd mark this one WONT_FIX.