This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[64bit] Some packaging problems
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 17:25:39 -0400
- Subject: [64bit] Some packaging problems
I noticed that a default x86_64 install brings in a lot more packages
than a default x86 install. I found three problems that explain at
least some of this.
1. The x86_64 distro has both libexpat1-devel and libexpat-devel, with
the files of the latter being a subset of those of the former. In
addition, libexpat1-devel is missing a setup.hint, so it is put into the
Misc category and installed by default. BTW, there are packages
depending on both of these in the distro, so there will be other changes
needed after one of them is removed.
2. gdb has the wrong setup.hint; it's the same as the setup.hint for
rebase. In particular, this puts it into the Base category.
3. The dependencies man ==> groff ==> perl bring perl into a default