This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [64bit] Some packaging problems
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 09:56:54 -0400
- Subject: Re: [64bit] Some packaging problems
- References: <51E5BA53 dot 4000806 at cornell dot edu> <20130717083049 dot GA26647 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <51E69B6D dot 50208 at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm> <20130717134810 dot GA19803 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On 7/17/2013 9:48 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Jul 17 09:26, Charles Wilson wrote:
so it's not like it could coexist with a future libexpat2-devel. I
think the "libexpat1-devel" name in 2.1.0-2 is a mistake, and it
expat should be repackaged to use "traditional" names, as it did in
libexpat-devel (no "1")
Then the existing requires: in other package's setup.hints do not
need to be changed.
To follow the 32 bit lead, we should stick to libexpat1-devel. See the
32 bit version:
Well, I think they are both wrong. But...that's a maintainer decision
(Warren Young), really, unless overruled by one of the benign dictators. :-)
groff ships with some scripts
and cygport is smart. We should probably split the groff package up
as well...fedora has
Sounds good to me.
Well, again, it's really up to the maintainer (cgf), but pulling perl
into Base is A Bad Thing...