Re: [64bit] Problem with emacs and shared memory under X11

On 19/07/2013 18:11, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Jul 19 12:04, Ken Brown wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks for testing.  I applied the patch and attributed it to you in
>>> the ChangeLog since you did all the work anyway.
>>
>> There's still the x86 issue that I mentioned earlier.  With
>> cygwin-1.7.21 (as well as today's snapshot), I'm getting a return
>> value of 0 from shmtest on x86.  This is with cygserver not running.
>> (In fact, cygserver has never been configured on this system, so
>> there's no /etc/cygserver.conf).  Jon reported getting a return
>> value of 1 using cygwin-1.7.20.
>
> I don't recall seeing this testcase.  Any chance you can extract an STC
> to help fixing this?  I wonder how this happened anyway.  There were no
> changes in terms of XSI IPC between 1.7.20 and 1.7.21, except for tiny
> changes for porting to x86_64.  What on earth did I screw up this
> time?!?

shmtest.c was attached to my mail a couple of days ago [1]

This seems to be an unrelated issue.  When cygserver is not running, this
program should receive a SIGSYS and terminate with exit code 140 (128 + signal)

This works correctly on x86_64, but on x86, although the signal is raised,
something goes wrong and the exit code is 0...

[1] http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2013-07/msg00229.html