This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Please try new setup exe's
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 11:46:52 +0200
- Subject: Re: Please try new setup exe's
- References: <20130715170553 dot GA6166 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <51E89D46 dot 1010001 at shaddybaddah dot name> <20130719091510 dot GE30542 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <20130722055957 dot GA2316 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Jul 22 01:59, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 11:15:10AM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >On Jul 19 11:58, Shaddy Baddah wrote:
> >> >http://cygwin.com/setup-x86.exe for 32-bit
> >> This is not working for me against an existing install, where I am
> >> following a two-step process to install.
> >> [...]
> >> The problem I encounter is that the new packages selected during the
> >> Download step, do not appear when I try to perform the Install.
> >> [...]
> >I just tried it myself, and the behaviour is weird. I always install
> >from a local mirror, and this still works as expected with the new
> >setup binaries. The directory structure created by setup's "Download
> >only" is identical to the layout of a mirror. Setup also picks up the
> >right setup.ini file, but then it presents an empty update list. The
> >ini file is correct, the newer packages have been downloaded. If you
> >then click through the available versions, the new version is not
> >shown at all.
> This should be fixed in the current versions of
> http://cygwin.com/setup-x86*.exe .
Works fine for me in both scenarios now, local setup download and
I guess we can make the switch and starting the 64 bit distro this week,
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com