This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [RFC] cygport: PKG_OBSOLETES
- From: "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 14:11:53 -0500
- Subject: Re: [RFC] cygport: PKG_OBSOLETES
- References: <51EE0E4E dot 1030901 at users dot sourceforge dot net> <20130723090648 dot GD9689 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On 2013-07-23 04:06, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Jul 23 00:02, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
I wanted to get feedback from those using cygport regarding a
possible new feature: PKG_OBSOLETES.
Looks good to me.
Thanks for the feedback.
Btw., did you create the 64 bit expat packages or did Warren? The
history isn't visible, unfortunately. I'd like to see a solution for
the libexpat-devel vs/ libexpat1-devel problem.
I built 2.1.0-1 during the bootstrap stage; 2.1.0-2 must be Warren's.
But libexpat1-devel is a BAD choice of name, as it would collide with a
future -devel corresponding to libexpat2 should the ABI change again. I
wish we had some policies in this regard, but IMO the proper fix is
revert this to libexpat-devel.