This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [RFC] cygport: PKG_OBSOLETES
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Warren Young <warren at etr-usa dot com>
- Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 21:27:13 +0200
- Subject: Re: [RFC] cygport: PKG_OBSOLETES
- References: <51EE0E4E dot 1030901 at users dot sourceforge dot net> <20130723090648 dot GD9689 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <51EED579 dot 9090100 at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Jul 23 14:11, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> On 2013-07-23 04:06, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >On Jul 23 00:02, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> >Btw., did you create the 64 bit expat packages or did Warren? The
> >history isn't visible, unfortunately. I'd like to see a solution for
> >the libexpat-devel vs/ libexpat1-devel problem.
> I built 2.1.0-1 during the bootstrap stage; 2.1.0-2 must be Warren's.
> But libexpat1-devel is a BAD choice of name, as it would collide
> with a future -devel corresponding to libexpat2 should the ABI
> change again. I wish we had some policies in this regard, but IMO
> the proper fix is revert this to libexpat-devel.
See also http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2013-07/msg00213.html
and followup. We need to get rid of either the libexpat-devel
dependencies or the libexpat1-devel dependencies.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com