This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [RFC] cygport: PKG_OBSOLETES
- From: "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 15:04:49 -0500
- Subject: Re: [RFC] cygport: PKG_OBSOLETES
- References: <51EE0E4E dot 1030901 at users dot sourceforge dot net> <87bo5tukul dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid>
On 2013-07-23 14:39, Achim Gratz wrote:
Yaakov (Cygwin/X) writes:
I wanted to get feedback from those using cygport regarding a possible
new feature: PKG_OBSOLETES. This is best explained with an example,
so let's say I had the following:
The attached patch is what I'm working with at the moment. Thoughts?
Looks good to me. Could there be some provision to obsolete a package
residing in a different subtree?
You could still use PKG_OBSOLETES, but relocating or removing the
obsoleted package would still have to be done by the uploader. The only
way that could be automated is if subpackages were to be placed
alongside their main packages instead of underneath them. While that
may be worth considering when we get to the point of having a buildbot,
it isn't in the scope of this patch.