This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [RFC] cygport: PKG_OBSOLETES
- From: Warren Young <warren at etr-usa dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 05:12:47 -0600
- Subject: Re: [RFC] cygport: PKG_OBSOLETES
- References: <51EE0E4E dot 1030901 at users dot sourceforge dot net> <20130723090648 dot GD9689 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <51EED579 dot 9090100 at users dot sourceforge dot net> <51EFA3DE dot 8080509 at etr-usa dot com> <20130724100632 dot GQ9689 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On 7/24/2013 04:06, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
Regardless of libexpat1-devel supposedly being a bad choice of names,
from the global distro perspective, it would be much easier to remove
the libexpat-devel package from the 64 bit distro and go over the hint
files manually for now.
Doesn't the problem fix itself for those using Cygport's .hint file
generation? For those not using this feature, it would be a gentle clue
why it's a good idea.
You'd have to fake a -3 package set, with libexpat-devel-3 set to
obsolete libexpat1-devel-2, so that package developers would
automatically get new packages on their next Cygwin update.