This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [RFC] cygport: PKG_OBSOLETES
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 13:41:12 +0200
- Subject: Re: [RFC] cygport: PKG_OBSOLETES
- References: <51EE0E4E dot 1030901 at users dot sourceforge dot net> <20130723090648 dot GD9689 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <51EED579 dot 9090100 at users dot sourceforge dot net> <51EFA3DE dot 8080509 at etr-usa dot com> <20130724100632 dot GQ9689 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <51EFB6AF dot 9000905 at etr-usa dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Jul 24 05:12, Warren Young wrote:
> On 7/24/2013 04:06, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >Regardless of libexpat1-devel supposedly being a bad choice of names,
> >from the global distro perspective, it would be much easier to remove
> >the libexpat-devel package from the 64 bit distro and go over the hint
> >files manually for now.
> Doesn't the problem fix itself for those using Cygport's .hint file
> generation? For those not using this feature, it would be a gentle
> clue why it's a good idea.
> You'd have to fake a -3 package set, with libexpat-devel-3 set to
> obsolete libexpat1-devel-2, so that package developers would
> automatically get new packages on their next Cygwin update.
If you're willing to do that for 32 and 64 bit, ok. As soon as you do
that, we should still change the affected .hint files manually on sware
to get the right deps for new installs. Just give the word.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com