This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Collisions between binutils and gdb
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 14:07:17 +0200
- Subject: Re: Collisions between binutils and gdb
- References: <51EED8AE dot 60400 at users dot sourceforge dot net> <20130724095636 dot GP9689 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Jul 24 11:56, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Jul 23 14:25, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> > On x86, both binutils and gdb provide the BFD headers, but only the
> > former provides the libs.
> > On x86_64, both binutils and gdb provides the BFD headers *and* libs.
> > AFAIK these should *only* be provided by binutils, with the caveat
> > that libiberty needs a patch to install properly per my comments in
> > PR56780.
> I uploaded a new gdb-7.6-2 package with a new cygport file to ignore the
> overlapping headers and libs.
> 64 bit binutils -5 doesn't have the problem from PR56780, and since it's
> ok in terms of the include and lib files I just kept it that way.
Btw., a PING in PR56780 and perhaps on the binutils list may be prudent.
There wasn't much of a reaction on your comment...
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com