This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [RFC] cygport: PKG_OBSOLETES
- From: Warren Young <warren at etr-usa dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 14:38:20 -0600
- Subject: Re: [RFC] cygport: PKG_OBSOLETES
- References: <51EE0E4E dot 1030901 at users dot sourceforge dot net> <20130723090648 dot GD9689 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <51EED579 dot 9090100 at users dot sourceforge dot net> <51EFA3DE dot 8080509 at etr-usa dot com> <20130724100632 dot GQ9689 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <51EFB6AF dot 9000905 at etr-usa dot com> <20130724114112 dot GR9689 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On 7/24/2013 05:41, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Jul 24 05:12, Warren Young wrote:
You'd have to fake a -3 package set, with libexpat-devel-3 set to
obsolete libexpat1-devel-2, so that package developers would
automatically get new packages on their next Cygwin update.
If you're willing to do that for 32 and 64 bit, ok.
I don't see what you need from me. Can't you just copy *-2* to *-3*
except for libexpat1-devel*-2* which becomes libexpat-devel*-3*, then
manually change all the *.hint files referencing libexpat1-devel?
I mean, if I rebuild my packages here using the new .cygport file I
posted, aren't I going to get exactly the same output tarballs as
before, just with different names?