This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Please build 64 bit packages
- From: Chris Sutcliffe <ir0nh34d at gmail dot com>
- To: Cygwin-apps <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 08:35:21 -0400
- Subject: Re: Please build 64 bit packages
- References: <20130725121526 dot GE5086 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On 25 July 2013 08:15, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> now that the 64 bit version is in the wild, it would be incredibly cool
> if you could all have a look into building your packages, which are not
> yet available, for the 64 bit distro.
I still have no access to a 64-bit machine to validate any of the
packages I maintain. I can cross-compile them (as I did with mksh),
but I can't guarantee they work. Should I proceed?
> Alternatively, for those of your packages which are "noarch" packages,
> for instance perl or python scripts, please drop usa note here along
> the lines of "please copy package foo from 32 to 64 bit distro".
I think python-gdata and googlecl fall in to this category, so please
feel free to copy them over.