This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Please build 64 bit packages
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 08:35:36 -0400
- Subject: Re: Please build 64 bit packages
- References: <20130725121526 dot GE5086 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On 7/25/2013 8:15 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
now that the 64 bit version is in the wild, it would be incredibly cool
if you could all have a look into building your packages, which are not
yet available, for the 64 bit distro.
Alternatively, for those of your packages which are "noarch" packages,
for instance perl or python scripts, please drop usa note here along
the lines of "please copy package foo from 32 to 64 bit distro".
I don't know about python, but for perl scripts the dependencies will
almost always be different for the 64-bit distro. For example, a
dependency on perl_vendor will have to be replaced by dependencies on
various perl-* packages.