This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Please build 64 bit packages
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 15:09:29 +0200
- Subject: Re: Please build 64 bit packages
- References: <20130725121526 dot GE5086 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <51F11B98 dot 7050608 at cornell dot edu>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Jul 25 08:35, Ken Brown wrote:
> On 7/25/2013 8:15 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >Hi Maintainers,
> >now that the 64 bit version is in the wild, it would be incredibly cool
> >if you could all have a look into building your packages, which are not
> >yet available, for the 64 bit distro.
> >Alternatively, for those of your packages which are "noarch" packages,
> >for instance perl or python scripts, please drop usa note here along
> >the lines of "please copy package foo from 32 to 64 bit distro".
> I don't know about python, but for perl scripts the dependencies
> will almost always be different for the 64-bit distro. For example,
> a dependency on perl_vendor will have to be replaced by dependencies
> on various perl-* packages.
That's right, but only 13 packages have a dependecy to perl_vendor. All
of them are already in the 64 bit distro, except for a single one, fvwm,
and fvwm is no "noarch" package.
I don't know about python either, though.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com