This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Please build 64 bit packages
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 15:10:32 +0200
- Subject: Re: Please build 64 bit packages
- References: <20130725121526 dot GE5086 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <CAGHJv4fr+gxXy0pPtw_md_cnnGLt3yJ3jG4x-KnLoK1=Eti7+A at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Jul 25 08:35, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
> On 25 July 2013 08:15, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > now that the 64 bit version is in the wild, it would be incredibly cool
> > if you could all have a look into building your packages, which are not
> > yet available, for the 64 bit distro.
> I still have no access to a 64-bit machine to validate any of the
> packages I maintain. I can cross-compile them (as I did with mksh),
> but I can't guarantee they work. Should I proceed?
No chance to install a VM?
> > Alternatively, for those of your packages which are "noarch" packages,
> > for instance perl or python scripts, please drop usa note here along
> > the lines of "please copy package foo from 32 to 64 bit distro".
> I think python-gdata and googlecl fall in to this category, so please
> feel free to copy them over.
Yes, sure, that would be nice.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com