This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Please build 64 bit packages
- From: Chris Sutcliffe <ir0nh34d at gmail dot com>
- To: Cygwin-apps <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 12:47:20 -0400
- Subject: Re: Please build 64 bit packages
- References: <20130725121526 dot GE5086 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <CAGHJv4fr+gxXy0pPtw_md_cnnGLt3yJ3jG4x-KnLoK1=Eti7+A at mail dot gmail dot com> <20130725131032 dot GH5086 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On 25 July 2013 09:10, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Jul 25 08:35, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
>> I still have no access to a 64-bit machine to validate any of the
>> packages I maintain. I can cross-compile them (as I did with mksh),
>> but I can't guarantee they work. Should I proceed?
> No chance to install a VM?
I tried Qemu and Virtualbox on my work supplied laptop and they both
fail to run the x86_64 Win8 install. Unfortunately I don't have
access to any other machine to setup a VM.
>> > Alternatively, for those of your packages which are "noarch" packages,
>> > for instance perl or python scripts, please drop usa note here along
>> > the lines of "please copy package foo from 32 to 64 bit distro".
>> I think python-gdata and googlecl fall in to this category, so please
>> feel free to copy them over.
> Yes, sure, that would be nice.
Is there anything I need to do for this to happen? I can issue an RFU
if need be...