This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [RFC] cygport: PKG_OBSOLETES
- From: Warren Young <warren at etr-usa dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 13:50:08 -0600
- Subject: Re: [RFC] cygport: PKG_OBSOLETES
- References: <51EE0E4E dot 1030901 at users dot sourceforge dot net> <20130723090648 dot GD9689 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <51EED579 dot 9090100 at users dot sourceforge dot net> <51EFA3DE dot 8080509 at etr-usa dot com> <20130724100632 dot GQ9689 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <51EFB6AF dot 9000905 at etr-usa dot com> <20130724114112 dot GR9689 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <51F03B3C dot 1000404 at etr-usa dot com> <20130725083017 dot GA5086 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On 7/25/2013 02:30, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Jul 24 14:38, Warren Young wrote:
On 7/24/2013 05:41, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Jul 24 05:12, Warren Young wrote:
You'd have to fake a -3 package set, with libexpat-devel-3 set to
obsolete libexpat1-devel-2, so that package developers would
automatically get new packages on their next Cygwin update.
If you're willing to do that for 32 and 64 bit, ok.
...aren't I going to get exactly the same output tarballs as
before, just with different names?
The content of the src packages won't match the new version if we
just copy the files. A rebuild is simplest and cleanest.
I'll wait for this PKG_OBSOLETES feature to ship in Cygport, and be a
guinea pig for it.