This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Packages dependent on obsolete gcc4
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 10:48:58 +0200
- Subject: Re: Packages dependent on obsolete gcc4
- References: <51F44744 dot 7050202 at alice dot it>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
[Redirected to cygwin-apps.]
On Jul 28 00:18, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
> Just out of curiosity...
> Is it to be expected that there are packages (clang, imake,...)
> dependent on gcc4-core etc. ?
the affected packages are
clang Yaakov S
imake Yaakov S
libfltk-devel Teun Burgers
libicu-devel Reini Urban
libxerces-c-devel Charles Wilson
logiweb Klaus Grue
ocaml-base Damien Doligez
octave-devel Marco Atzeri
Rather than just changing the dependencies to gcc-core, etc, I'm
wondering if we shouldn't remove the dependencies to gcc or, FWIW, any
other gcc component entirely as far as development packages are
concerned. It's pretty unlikely that anybody would install dev packages
without installing a compiler. The only one I'm not sure about is
clang, which requires some files from the gcc package but is a compiler
on its own.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com