This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Packages dependent on obsolete gcc4
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 20:47:32 +0200
- Subject: Re: Packages dependent on obsolete gcc4
- References: <51F44744 dot 7050202 at alice dot it> <20130729084858 dot GA30069 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <51F6B602 dot 9000901 at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Jul 29 13:35, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> On 2013-07-29 03:48, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >>Is it to be expected that there are packages (clang, imake,...)
> >>dependent on gcc4-core etc. ?
> >the affected packages are
> > clang Yaakov S
> > imake Yaakov S
> > libfltk-devel Teun Burgers
> > libicu-devel Reini Urban
> > libxerces-c-devel Charles Wilson
> > logiweb Klaus Grue
> > ocaml-base Damien Doligez
> > octave-devel Marco Atzeri
> clang, imake, ocaml-base, and octave-devel actually call gcc, so
> those deps are correct; logiweb might as well.
Define "correct". They require gcc4, rather than gcc. So the deps
still have to be fixed.
> The dep can be
> dropped from the lib*-devel packages.
Good. Do you have time to fix the deps in the 32 bit release dir
manually for now? I'm still hunting down the cyglsa problem.
We just have to make sure the deps to gcc4 don't creep in again.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com