This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Packages dependent on obsolete gcc4
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 22:22:57 +0200
- Subject: Re: Packages dependent on obsolete gcc4
- References: <51F44744 dot 7050202 at alice dot it> <20130729084858 dot GA30069 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <51F6B602 dot 9000901 at users dot sourceforge dot net> <20130729184732 dot GA31865 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <877gg9mabx dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Jul 29 21:32, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen writes:
> >> clang, imake, ocaml-base, and octave-devel actually call gcc, so
> >> those deps are correct; logiweb might as well.
> > Define "correct". They require gcc4, rather than gcc. So the deps
> > still have to be fixed.
> AFAICS, the dependence on gcc-4 will cause any gcc-4 present on the
> system to be deleted due to the empty obsolescence package and the
> dependence of that package to gcc will pull in the correct package for
> the current distro. The removal of an old gcc-4 would not happen if the
> package dependencies would simply point to gcc, I'd think. Whenever new
> packages are rolled with the current gcc, the dependencies will be
> updated to refer to the new packages and the obsolescence packages can
> be removed.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com