Re: Sorted list of packages missing in the 64 bit distro yet

Alternatively, if you
think a package doesn't have to be rebuilt for 64 bit (Chuck's older
automake versions come to mind)

Given that they all had such extensive test suites, I thought it would be a useful smoke test to run them on cygwin64. So, I rebuilt and re-ran all of the test suites, on both cygwin32 and cygwin64, for all ELEVEN versions [1] of automake... 1.14 should finish in about seven more hours. [2]

So...thanks, but... :-) As soon as the last test is finished, and I compose all of the announcement messages, I'll upload everything for both 32- and 64-. Should be sometime this evening or tomorrow morning.

[1] 1.4p6,  1.5,    1.6.3,
    1.7.9,  1.8.5,  1.9.6,
    1.10.3, 1.11.6, 1.12.6,
    1.13.4, 1.14
not counting the automake wrapper (updated to -9, in support of am1.14), and the gcc-tools-epoch[1,2]-[autoconf,automake] packages, which are also ready for both 32- and 64-.

[2] The good news is, other than the SIGQUIT thing reported earlier, behavior on 32- and 64- is identical, when you compensate for the fact that some tests are skipped because their prerequisites aren't present yet on 64-. I notice that older automakes now have more failures than they did back when originally built/tested (even on cygwin32); that appears to be due to changes in autoconf, libtool, and gettext which newer automakes have accommodated, but older ones have (obviously) not.

The list is also available online at http://cygwin.com/cygwin-64bit-missing.
I'll keep it up-to-date as new packages arrive.

   ORPHANED
     editrights

Really? it's in the cygwin-apps repository; I thought *you* were the maintainer.

   Charles Wilson

     automake1.5
     automake1.6
     automake1.7
     automake1.8

These are in progress...

>      xpm-nox

This is an obsolete (and marked so in its Category) backwards compatibility DLL (cygXpm-noX4.dll). It was replaced by libXpm-noX (libXpm-noX_4 contains cygXpm-noX_4.dll; note the extra underscore) in 2009. There has been a 64bit version of libXpm-noX up since 7/1/2013. At this point (seven years after last update, and four years since it was obsoleted) I think it's okay to simply delete the 32bit xpm-nox. There is nothing left that depends on it.

Your call.

>      alternatives
     inetutils
     libAfterImage
     libassuan
     libgeotiff
     libksba
     libtirpc
     login
     mingw-libgcrypt
     mingw-libgpg-error
     mingw-xz
     nfrotz
     p7zip
     pinentry
     proj
     pth
     rpcgen
     rsh
     rxvt
     ssmtp
     sunrpc
     tack
     xerces-c
     xinetd
>      xsri

...and these aren't, yet. Sigh. There's also a number of packages that Yaakov built for 64 (ncurses, others; thanks, Yaakov!) that I need to pull over to my repo -- simply so I'll be prepared to continue maintenance in the future. I might also, at that time, update them as well.

I've got a big ol' list.

--
Chuck