Re: why does setup keep trying to install non-required packages?

On Aug 12 11:29, Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 01:16:33PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Aug 12 07:10, Ken Brown wrote:
Maybe I jumped to an incorrect conclusion, but that (and earlier
instances of the same problem) made me think that Misc was installed
by default.

Oh, right.  The setup sources seem to prove that point, too.

You know, I think I will remove "Misc" from upset's logic.  The category
field should be mandatory, not optional.

I assume that no one disagrees with this, right?

I don't.

Back in the day, Misc was used when setup.exe supported installing a directory full of random tarballs without setup.hint or setup.ini data. So, of course, if you pointed setup.exe at a directory full of random tarballs, you did so because you wanted to install them -- thus Misc was installed by default.

But I don't think that (installing tarballs w/o setup.ini data) even works anymore -- and genini is easy enough to use -- so I also agree with the decision to remove Misc.

--
Chuck