Ok to upload on Monday. New version of upset.

On Tue, Sep 03, 2013 at 10:38:29AM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Mon, Sep 02, 2013 at 11:57:08PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 10:07:13PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>>I'm making some changes to upset so it won't be running regularly this
>>>weekend.  That means that new packages won't show up.
>>>
>>>Things should stabilize on Monday.
>>
>>Actually, I found a bug in upset that I'm still scratching my head over.
>>It seems like I'll need to do a redesign to get things like
>>update-info-dir working correctly.
>>
>>So, this will still be running sporadically until that happens since
>>I need to inspect the setup.ini after each run.
>
>New uploads require work for me at this point.  Please don't upload anything
>new until you get the all clear.

I have, with luck, fixed the problem with upset that was causing autodep
dependencies like _update-info-dir to disappear.  I'm not quite ready to
turn on the cron job which runs this automatically but it is looking
very likely that I will be able to get everything running today.

So unless you hear from me before tomorrow, 2010-09-09, (I'm in EST5EDT,
btw), feel free to start checking in again.

New packager-visible features in this upset:

- Relaxes the restriction that an external-source package must refer to
a package that is currently in setup.ini.  So if def-1.0.0-1.tar.bz2
uses 'external-source: abc' you can rev abc as much as you want and,
even, if there is no abc-1.0.0-1-src.tar.bz2 referred to in setup.ini.
upset will still find the older version and use it as the source package
for def (this is in theory since we don't have anything like this in
the tree currently).

- Handles any compression format as long as it is understood by 'tar
-vtf'.  So .xz files should now be ok.  If it isn't I'll be able to fix
that quickly.  I believe that setup.exe should also properly handle .xz
files so I'd be interested in seeing if everything behaves correctly if
you upload a .xz file now.

- Ignores directories which don't have a corresponding setup.hint file.
So, if you want to have a source-only directory, create a setup.hint
file with a single entry: 'skip'.  I just did this for cdrkit.

- Has experimental code allowing people to upload their own packages.  I
have the beginnings of an sftp chrooted mechanism set up which will
allow people to upload their own packages.  tar files are uploaded to a
hierarchy similar to the release directory and moved into the final
release location on successful creation of setup.ini.  It will be possible
to be added to the list of people who receive email when upset fails
with your package.  (more on this coming)

FYI.
cgf