Re: libevent-2.0.21

On 04/10/13 06:05, Chris Olin wrote:
Bear with me, as this is my first time doing this and every archived
intent email seems to have it's own format. Any advice is appreciated.

category: Libs
sdesc: "The libevent API provides a mechanism to execute a callback
function when a specific event occurs on a file descriptor or after a
timeout has been reached."
ldesc: "The libevent API provides a mechanism to execute a callback
function when a specific event occurs on a file descriptor or after a
timeout has been reached. Furthermore, libevent also support callbacks
due to signals or regular timeouts. libevent is meant to replace the
event loop found in event driven network servers. An application just
needs to call event_dispatch() and then add or remove events
dynamically without having to change the event loop. "
requires: ncurses-devel

http://libevent.org

If you're offering to maintain a package then thank you. You'll need to build it first - a tool called cygport will help you here. I would suggest splitting it into four packages containing runtime binaries, a 'devel' package containing header files and the lib to link against, and a 'doc' package containing the documentation. The fourth package will contain the source code that builds the other three packages.

When you're ready, submit an e-mail to this list with the subject line '[ITP] libevent-2.0.21-1'. Here is an example of an ITP message that I submitted recently:
http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2013-09/msg00222.html

If you've not used cygport before then take inspiration from other packages in Cygwin that are split in a similar way. For instance, unpack the poco source file and look at the cygport file therein.

Hope this helps,

Dave.