Re: [ITA] tcl-sqlite3

2014/1/14 Corinna Vinschen:
> That's not what I meant.  What I meant is that Tcl extras are installed
> under /usr/lib/tcl, not directly under /usr/lib.  I have no idea about
> the TEA, but it looks wrong to install Tcl stuff to /usr/lib.  Perl
> stuff is under /usr/lib/perl, python stuff is under /usr/lib/python,
> ruby stuff is under /usr/lib/ruby... you get the idea.

Agreed. Then it's most logical to install in /usr/lib/tcl. I'll do that.

> Also, even if sqlite3.8.2 and sqlite382.dll works, it's kind of
> puzzeling.  Are you saying using sqlite3 and libtclsqlite3.so on Fedora
> is wrong, not following TEA?  It's much easier to grok and doesn't
> wrongly imply it only works on a specificx sqlite 3.x.x version, IMHO.

No, I'm not implying at all that Fedora (or Cygwin) is wrong
at following TEA. TEA is designed to be able to install
multiple versions of Tcl extensions next to each other,
so if there are incompatible changes each Tcl application
can choose which one it wants. Sqlite3 is very careful
keeping upwards compatibility, so I would say
Sqlite doesn't need that. And I don't intend to support
multiple tcl-sqlite3 versions anyway. I have no problem
at all patching the TEA build scripts for that, just
as Fedora did.

Thanks!
        Jan Nijtmans