Re: cygport: how to deal with false positives in requires?

Achim Gratz writes:
> Is there a way to tell cygport to not put (some or all) autodetected
> dependencies into the requires line in setup.hint?  The reason I ask is
> App::cpanminus, which can use quite some number of optional modules
> which then all end up in the requires line.  But App::cpanminus can
> happily live without them and does in fact minimally need Perl and tar
> only.

In fact, the dependency generation for Perl Distributions isn't working
correctly.  It does not take into account that a newer distribution
installed into vendor_perl does not need a requirement if the one that
came with Perl itself is sufficient.  Also, it often pulls in the
dependencies of such requirements instead of just the first level.  I'm
going to patch this out and generate the dependencies with the cygport
files, doing this properly from within would require some serious
overhaul.

Regards,
Achim.