This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygport upload command?
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2014 01:37:31 -0500
- Subject: Re: cygport upload command?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <slgmr9ha3gt7le8n3fq6i3cdin8m619phj at 4ax dot com>
On 2014-07-07 20:14, Andrew Schulman wrote:
Using cygport, I think that packaging has become quite easy now.
That's always been my goal. :-)
Except for one thing: the upload step. Maintainers still have to go
through the procedure at
https://sourceware.org/cygwin-apps/package-upload.html. Although it's
easier than the old manual upload process, it's still a little tedious and
Yaakov, would you consider adding an 'upload' command to cygport, that
would handle the uploading details? That would take away the last bit of
manual work in a routine package update.
I'm a bit busy at the moment, but it sounds like a good idea to me.
If you don't have the time or interest to add an upload command yourself,
would you consider a patch? I've spent some time looking through cygport
code, and I might have time to give it a try, or maybe someone else would.