Re: libpopt0 empty archive

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 3:47 AM, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> On 11/14/2014 5:57 PM, cyg Simple wrote:
>
>> > PS: I presume "mistake" is a better word than "lie" in this context
>>
>> No, if packages still "require" another package, stating that the
>> other package is "obsolete" is a lie.  It would be "deprecated" and
>> not "obsolete".  Obsolete implies not used.
>

> setup-xx.exe recognize "obsolete", it does not recognize "deprecated".
> Your semantic argument is irrelevant to the installation program.

Well a program not programmed with AI in mind isn't going to ever know
the difference.  The importance here is a reader reading the
setup.hint files.  The fix for this particular issue is for the
cygutils' (or any other package's) setup.hint file to be changed to
use the correct package.  I'm not advocating a new keyword.

--
cyg Simple