Re: [HEADSUP] Proposal for change in postinstall script handling (was Re: [RFC] incremental rebase)

Here are a couple more things I#d like to add/change:

1. The code to run batch scripts actually relies on CMD.EXE.  It seems
appropriate to either require a ".cmd" suffix for those scripts or at
least optionally recognize it.

2. Batch files started via CMD.EXE use full buffering.  I'm not sure
what to do about it, but line buffering should be used if at all
possible.  Suggestions?

3. In Cygwin we only ever use a ".bat" to start dash.  I would like to
cut out the middleman and directly allow ".dash" scripts instead.

Regards,
Achim.