Re: cygport improvements: upload, fish, src_prep_fini_hook

On 2014-12-03 15:40, Andrew Schulman wrote:
Here's what I have at the moment based on your branch as of a few weeks
ago.  However, with password-protected SSH keys, the password prompt
isn't handled properly.  Any ideas?

OK.  Looks good.

Re password prompts: I see the problem.  It's because I echo the lftp
script to stdout, and pipe it into lftp -f /dev/stdin.  So stdin is
unavailable for the password prompt.

I think using process substitution instead will be an easy fix for this.
I'll code this up, test it and push it out shortly.

Thanks.  Would you mind rebasing your branch against Ports master?

BTW I see that you commented out the line:

echo "rm -f !ready || echo -n"

in the lftp script in __pkg_upload().  That line is there to prevent a race
condition if the maintainer has already made one upload, then later starts
to make another one, at the same time that upset starts to copy files from
the upload area.  In that case, upset could copy partially uploaded or
corrupt files.  To prevent that, we first remove !ready, then put it back
later after the new upload is complete.

Thanks for reminding me: I was wondering if it made more sense to place a !ready file in each top-level package directory, or handle each arch like you have done. I could see arguments either way, so I'm open to suggestions.

--
Yaakov