Re: [ITA] _autorebase

Corinna Vinschen writes:
> AFAIU, you just have to provide a per-package file defining the path
> to your dynamic libs.  I just unpacked
> http://cygwin.stromeko.net/noarch/release/_autorebase/_autorebase-001000-1.tar.xz
> and it contains files under etc/rebase/dynpath.d/ called R and octave:
>
>   $ cat etc/rebase/dynpath.d/R
>   /usr/lib/R/site-library
>   $ cat etc/rebase/dynpath.d/octave
>   /usr/lib/octave/site
>
> IIUC, you simply have to provide the files yourself, so every package
> can influence easily what the new autorebase rebases :)
>
> Achim, is that about right?

Yes, and if a full package rebuild isn't possible for whatever reason
this file could just be packaged in a separate package that then needs
to be referenced from the main package via dependency.  It looks like
this will need to be done for Perl if Reini doesn't re-surface.

BTW, do we want to keep these files in /etc or move to /var/lib?  Both
Ken and I interpret the LSB/FSH document as recommending /var/lib as the
place to put such things.  We could of course do that later on (there's
other stuff in /etc that would fall under that rule), but since nothing
has been released at the moment I thought I should ask again if a policy
decision has been reached already.

Regards,
Achim.