Re: [HEADSUP] Dropping libopenssl098 from distro

Hi Vin,
Hi Volker,

On Jan 15 09:12, Vin Shelton wrote:
> Marco/Volker et al -
> [...]
> On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 7:50 AM, Marco Atzeri <...> wrote:
> > Question:
> > 0) does it work ?
> [...]
> > 2) have you tried a 64 build also ?
>
> No, but based on feedback from the xemacs-beta mailing list, I do not
> believe that 64-bit mode currently builds.

Do you have any idea what the problem might be?  It would be very
interesting to know if the problems from your feedback was pre
Cygwin-1.7.33 or with Cygwin 1.7.33, especially due to the changes in
internal exception handling in Cygwin.  This might be a likely culprit
for problems.

Another culprit could be the difference in the Windows (LLP64) vs. the
Cygwin (LP64) data model, as outlined in
https://cygwin.com/faq/faq.html#faq.programming.64bitporting and
subsequent FAQ entries, especially given the native Win32 GUI mode of
xemacs.

If you're interested in getting xemacs running on 64 bit Cygwin, feel
free to use the cygwin-apps mailing list for communication and don't
hesitate to ping me if you think the Cygwin DLL itself has a problem.

Thanks,

Red Hat