Re: ffcall

David Billinghurst writes:
> I have built and tested maxima-5.43.1 with your clisp release on
> cygwin64.  Perfect test results.    I find clisp slow for routine
> work, but it is good to have it available.

I've built maxima-5.35.1 for both architectures.  The makefiles don't
really want to cooperate with cygport, you'll have to link the sourcedir
and then it still looks for some files that configure produces in
sourcedire while testingâ but other than that, everything looks OK, all
tests are pass.

NAME="maxima"
VERSION="5.35.1"
RELEASE="1"
HOMEPAGE="http://maxima.sourceforge.net/index.html";
SRC_URI="mirror://sourceforge/${P}.tar.gz"

CATEGORY="Science"
SUMMARY="Maxima Computer Algebra System"
DESCRIPTION="${SUMMARY}

Maxima is a system for the manipulation of symbolic and numerical
expressions, including differentiation, integration, Taylor series,
Laplace transforms, ordinary differential equations, systems of linear
equations, polynomials, sets, lists, vectors, matrices and
tensors. Maxima yields high precision numerical results by using exact
fractions, arbitrary-precision integers and variable-precision
floating-point numbers. Maxima can plot functions and data in two and
three dimensions.

Maxima is written in CommonLisp and based on the DOE Macsyma that was
developed at MIT."

CYGCONF_ARGS="--enable-clisp-exec --enable-gettext"

src_compile() {
    cd ${S}
    cygautoreconf
    lndirs
    cd ${B}
    cygconf
    cygmake
}
src_test() {
    cd ${B}
    # need to patch test/Makefile here or fix configury
    cygtest
}

I also tried building gcl (with the intention of running maxima on gcl);
again you'll have to lndirs and the configure script doesn't check how
to include the xdr headers.  It also doesn't find the bfd and liberty
libraries that are static only on Cygwin, not sure if it needs them.
The include hiccup out of the way things start to compile, but then
raw_pre_gcl segfaults.

NAME="gcl"
VERSION="2.6.12"
RELEASE="1"
HOMEPAGE="http://www.gnu.org/software/${PN}/";
SRC_URI="mirror://gnu/${PN}/${P}.tar.gz"
SRC_DIR="${PN}"

CATEGORY="Text"
SUMMARY="GNU Common Lisp"
DESCRIPTION="${SUMMARY}

GCL is the official Common Lisp for the GNU project. Its design makes
use of the system's C compiler to compile to native object code,
providing for both good performance and facile portability."

CYGCONF_ARGS="--enable-notify=no --enable-readline --enable-ansi"
MAKEOPTS+=" -j1 -k"
CFLAGS+=" -I/usr/include/tirpc"

src_compile() {
    cd ${S}