Re: [ITP] maxima-5.35.1

On Mar  7 08:07, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Yaakov correctly pointed out the 32bit maxima I rememebered to be in
> Cygwin was actually from ports, so here's the requisite ITP for maxima
> to introduce it into Cygwin properly.

I don't quite like the SUSE packaging with splitting out the language
packs, but the Fedora packaging, while using another strategy, isn't
really better, so that's ok.

What's not quite ok are the setup.hint files, IMHO.  You have 7 packages
and all ldesc's and sdesc's are exactly identical.  While that's perhaps
not much of a problem for the language packs, it certainly is for
"maxima" vs. "maxima-exec-clisp" and "maxima-xmaxima".  How's the user
to know what each of these packages is doing when looking them up in
setup?

  maxima              "Maxima Computer Algebra System"
  maxima-exec-clisp   "Maxima Computer Algebra System"
  maxima-xmaxima      "Maxima Computer Algebra System"

Package is GTG With a change to the sdescs to allow a user at least
a bit of information in sdesc what the subpackages are doing.

Thanks,

Red Hat