Re: Question about clisp version naming

On 3/15/2015 3:14 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:
Ken Brown writes:
I think my new proposal (with /usr/bin/cyglisp.dll and
/usr/lib/liblisp.dll.a) will work better.  I don't know whether it's
best to split off libclisp and clisp-devel subpackages.  Fedora has a
separate clisp-devel package, but it contains a lot of files that are
currently (and have always been) in the main clisp package on
Cygwin. At the moment, it's probably a higher priority to get
something in the distro that Achim can use to build Maxima.  But I'm
open to suggestion on all of this.

I have a workaround for maxima and building and testing the package as
we speak.  We can test the new clisp packaging more thoroughly later on.

Just for testing purposes, I've built a new clisp with /usr/bin/cyglisp.dll and /usr/lib/liblisp.dll.a, and I've uploaded it to my Cygwin repository:

  http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/

When you get a chance, please test it and see if it allows you to avoid your workaround. If so, I'll think about whether it's worth repackaging following Fedora.

There's no rush about this from my point of view.

Ken