Re: setup

On Jun  1 21:49, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen writes:
> >> Since it seems you plan to use libcrypto from OpenSSL anyway:
> >> https://gist.github.com/barrysteyn/7308212#file-base64decode-c
> >
> > I don't.  Why do you think so?
>
> Because of the openssl branch in Git.

Oh, that was a bad idea.  I won't remove the branch for historical
reasons, but we don't really want to link agaionst OpenSSL when we
already link against gcrypt.

> > This was a drop-in replacement for Digest::MD5.  Anything else I'll
> > let somebody do who better knows perl.
>
> THen the call $ctx->hexdigest() would need to be replaced by
> $ctx->b64digest().

No, it would need to support this additionally.

> > Apart from this, the sah512.sum files are not only generated for the
> > Cygwin release dir, they are generated on the sourceware ftp area
> > system-wide.
>
> I'm only talking about SHA512 in the setup.ini files, though.  The
> sha512.sum files have no bearing on that.

So what exactly is the problem with the longer checksums?  I don't
see any problem here, especially when the file is being compressed
anyway.

Red Hat