Re: missing 64bit ports (xdelta3 vs xdelta and pristine-tar)

On 7/17/2015 1:52 AM, jari wrote:

There will be need for pristine-tar for long foreseeable future. It's
mature already.

| The option above may no longer be needed with xdelta3, since from
| reading the manpage it seems it no longer automatically decompresses
| its input.  But there are likely other incompatibilities.

Let's hear what the xdelta3 developer says about xdelta1 --pristine
option. I can then patch the code and test it more.

Jari

his answer:

"Xdelta3 and xdelta1 use completely different file formats. I have considered an option to translate old xdelta1 patchfiles into current xdelta3 patchfiles, but bugfixes and release work keep taking priority."

I will repack xdelta1

As I already bumped xdelta to 3.x series
any problem if I create a new xdelta1 package ?

Regards
Marco