Re: [ITP] znc 1.6.0

On 7/19/2015 9:10 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:
Alexey Sokolov writes:
Is "1" some special number which should be used?

Just some number that gets bumped whenever the ABI changes
(i.e. applications that link against the library would need to be
recompiled).

ZNC 1.6.0 is supposed to be ABI-compatible with ZNC 1.6.1 (when it will
be released), so third-party modules compiled against cygznc-1.6.dll
from 1.6.0 should work fine with cygznc-1.6.dll from 1.6.1 without
recompilation.

I've just looked at Debian and openSUSE and both do not have a ZNC
library?

That's why I chose 1.6 as version number for the filename.

Also, most of .dll files I see in /bin have "-" before the number,
that's why I've put it here too...

You ahould ask Yaakov, but I seem to remember that the preferred way to
name new libraries is now without the hyphen.

Achim.

looking at fedora package,
it seems the ABI version in not used at all in ZNC
shared libs

/usr/bin/znc
/usr/lib/systemd/system/znc.service
/usr/lib/znc/adminlog.so