Re: [Attn Maintainer] stow

> The update to Perl 5.22 is planned for the end of this week.  Please
> notify immediately if you cannot provide the updated packages indicated
> below by then to your package upload area on cygwin.com.
>
> Your following packages contain sub-packages that need an update or
> re-release using Perl version 5.22:
>
> stow	(perl-stow)

Hi Achim.  Sure, I'm happy to do it.  But can you please explain in more detail
what you're looking for?

ATM when I build perl-Stow, the files go into /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.14.
If I understand right, you're asking me to provide an updated package where the
files will go into /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.22 instead.  Correct?

Leave aside that it seems brain-dead that I should have to rebuild my package
for such a triviality.  Wouldn't it be nice if I could put the files into, say,
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl, and not have to rebuild my package every time
there's a new point release of Perl?

But okay, I'll rebuild it.  So are you asking me to first wait until Perl 5.22
comes out, then rebuild the package and release it afterwards?  Or to manually
change where the files go, and release the update at the same time as Perl 5.22?

And doesn't this mean that perl-Stow-2.2.0-3 should be made to depend explicitly
on perl version 5.22?  Which upset doesn't currently support, IIRC.

I mean, seriously, this seems like a lot of dumb work to me.

Not that I blame you for that.  On the contrary, I greatly appreciate your work
as the Perl maintainer.  I'm just trying to figure out how to make it work with
the least amount of pain.

Thanks,
Andrew