Re: upset, genini: different version ordering

On Aug 18 20:34, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Achim Gratz writes:
> > I've just found that upset and genini will order versions differently.
>
> Here's a patch for genini that will take care of the versions in a
> better way than before, and it's extensible (in genini) and configurable
> (from setup.hint) if you're into that kind of thing.  It's also largely
> compatible to how upset treats things, to the extent that I understand
> what upset is doing.  The code in genini should be able to be integrated
> into upset to have both tools share their world-view, since I fixed some
> things that bothered me about upset along the way (treatment of
> pre-releases, mostly).  It'll need a bit more polishing, but keep the
> comments coming.

Comments?  On perl code?  You're kidding...

You know, if you're willing to improve the long neglected genini, all
power to you.  I don't know how many people are actually using genini,
but I'm pretty sure every one of them welcomes an improvement.

So,  as soon as you're happy to upstream your code, and if nobody
complains about your changes within a reasonable timeframe, feel free
to apply your genini changes.

Thanks,

Red Hat