Re: upset, genini: different version ordering

On Aug 18 22:06, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen writes:
> > Comments?  On perl code?  You're kidding...
>
> Well, maybe not from you personally, to save you the exasperation. :-)

Heh, yeah.

> > You know, if you're willing to improve the long neglected genini, all
> > power to you.  I don't know how many people are actually using genini,
> > but I'm pretty sure every one of them welcomes an improvement.
>
> Well, what is the alternative if you want to incorporate some extra
> packages into a local install hierarchy?

I don't know.  I'm not using it :}

> > So,  as soon as you're happy to upstream your code, and if nobody
> > complains about your changes within a reasonable timeframe, feel free
> > to apply your genini changes.
>
> OKâ  then just one question: would it be possible to migrate genini (and
> perhaps run, too) to Git?

I need an overseer to create the final symlink to access the repo
as /git/..., but for a start, try

  git clone cygwin.com:/sourceware/projects/cygwin-apps-home/cygwin-genini.git
  git clone cygwin.com:/sourceware/projects/cygwin-apps-home/cygwin-run.git

HTH,

Red Hat